BSOD and reboot at crcdisk.sys after clone to SATA system. RRS feed

• Question

• My Fujitsu A6020 laptop has been sent in for repair. I received a Fujitsu A6025 as a loaner. The A6020 had a PATA interface while the loaner has an SATA interface. When trying to boot, I had problems and ran the startup recovery option via the Fujitsu F12 BIOS boot option (it starts stuff on a partition which I think is the same or similar to the Vista DVD startup repair option).

After startup repair, I get to the point where I can see the Vista starting graphics and then it crashes. It seems to happen at CRCDISK.SYS. I see other posts from people with SATA drives and this CRCDISK.SYS driver crash issue. Some of the posts seem to refer to folks who upgraded a drive which is somewhat similar to my situation. With all this said, I cannot say for sure it relates to my use of SATA versus PATA. Since the A6025 is a different system, the motherboard is technically different. How different I don't know.

While many of the posts seem to be from naturally frustrated users, none seem to have any solid solution. I did see one post about upgrading a BIOS helping the CRCDISK crash issue. I will check my BIOS and try upgrading if a new version is available.

Does anyone have any idea why CRCDISK.SYS crashes? I wish there were more diagnostic messages immediately available. There was a code on the BSOD ... I'll try to get that by recreating the crash. I am able to boot the A6025 with a Vista installation from the recovery CDs, and I can access the SATA from that boot, so if there any steps I can do from that boot, I'd gladly try them out.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Tom

Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:44 AM

All replies

• Update: The latest BIOS does not change anything. Here is the BSOD info:

STOP 0x0000007B (0x822207BA0, 0xC00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Does Microsoft have any concrete info on this? I figured these would be the days of easy hard drive changes, easy motherboard changes, easy cloning, less sensitive operating systems to system changes (or at least clear cut indications on why something isn't booting or how to fix it. startup repair does not repair this startup problem, nor does it diagnose it from what I can tell).

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards,

Tom

Thursday, August 30, 2007 7:26 AM