none
USB Keyboard stopped suddenly and I must change USB port but Mouse worked.

Question

• Hello.

sometimes my USB Keyboard stopped suddenly but Mouse worked, How can I solve it? my mouse is USB too but its work.

Thank you.

Monday, December 14, 2015 9:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please tell me whether the keyboard is detected in Device Manager as I mentioned in my last post? Please right click the keyboard device and choose "Properties" to see the status of the keyboard.

Also, have you tried to plug the keyboard to another port of the machine? It exits the possibility that the keyboard in not compatible with the port.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 1:49 AM

All replies

• The first steps for a savvy Windows Geek would be to see if another keyboard works on your system and if the current keyboard works on another computer.

Without access directly to your system it is absolutely impossible to tell you why the keyboard quit.  It very well could be a catastrophic failure!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, December 14, 2015 4:05 PM
  • Hi,

I have received the message regarding to your issue. I noticed that the USB keyboard works fine at the beginning but stopped working suddenly. For this condition, we consider there is something wrong with the connection between keyboard and port.

Firstly, plug the keyboard to another port or another machine to test if the issue persisted. If the issue persisted, we would consider it may be keyboard problem, and we would like to suggest you contact the keyboard manufacturer for further support.

If it works fine in another machine, we would like to suggest you download the latest driver from the manufacturer website for USB port and install it. Please pay attention to that the driver version need to be matched for your system edition. Also, you could start the Windows in clean boot mode due to some third party software may block the port connection.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

In addition to that, you could open Device Manager and check if the keyboard device status. You could use Windows Troubleshooter to fix it. Go to "Control Panel" > "Troubleshooting" > "Configure a device".

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 6:07 AM
  • Hi,

I have received the message regarding to your issue. I noticed that the USB keyboard works fine at the beginning but stopped working suddenly. For this condition, we consider there is something wrong with the connection between keyboard and port.

Firstly, plug the keyboard to another port or another machine to test if the issue persisted. If the issue persisted, we would consider it may be keyboard problem, and we would like to suggest you contact the keyboard manufacturer for further support.

If it works fine in another machine, we would like to suggest you download the latest driver from the manufacturer website for USB port and install it. Please pay attention to that the driver version need to be matched for your system edition. Also, you could start the Windows in clean boot mode due to some third party software may block the port connection.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

In addition to that, you could open Device Manager and check if the keyboard device status. You could use Windows Troubleshooter to fix it. Go to "Control Panel" > "Troubleshooting" > "Configure a device".

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards

Simon

Thank you.

I want to say that my Keyboard is OK and when I plugged it to other system its work very nice. I update my BIOS, Motherboard driver and... but problem not Solved :(

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 7:04 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please tell me whether the keyboard is detected in Device Manager as I mentioned in my last post? Please right click the keyboard device and choose "Properties" to see the status of the keyboard.

Also, have you tried to plug the keyboard to another port of the machine? It exits the possibility that the keyboard in not compatible with the port.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon 

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 1:49 AM
  • Mine says Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19).  What do I do?
    Monday, February 26, 2018 12:16 AM