MMC has detected error in a snap-in and will unload it RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Service Pack2 32Bit. The problem is when i try to open Event Viewer or Task Scheduler i get error "MMC has detected error in a snap-in and will unload it". Also the following error is there for Event Viewer

FX:{b05566ae-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeTyp e type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.FormView.InternalIniti alize()
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.HandleInitializat ionRequest(IRequestStatus requestStatus)
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.ProcessRequest(Re quest request)
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.ViewMessageClient.Proc essRequest(Request request)
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClien t.ProcessRequest(Request request)
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatu s.BeginRequest(IMessageClient messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo)
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInReques tOperation.ProcessRequest()
    at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.On ThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback callback)

Please someone help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Naushad Khan

Naushad Khan - System Administrator - MCITP

Monday, March 16, 2015 9:04 AM

Answers

• Hi naushad_khan,

This issue some time occur when the high level of Servicing stack corrupt and Some after reinstalled .Net 3.5 sp1, and the issue was resolved, if this method is not solved your issue, please open up a case with Microsoft Technical Support to further troubleshoot your issue.

Some similar issue information:

MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2012/08/10/mmc-has-detected-an-error-in-a-snap-in-and-will-unload-it.aspx

I’m glad to be of help to you!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Alex Lv Friday, March 27, 2015 3:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alex Lv Monday, April 6, 2015 2:54 AM
    Friday, March 20, 2015 9:21 AM

All replies

• Can anyone please reply on my post?

Naushad Khan - System Administrator - MCITP

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:18 AM
  • Hi naushad_khan,

This issue some time occur when the high level of Servicing stack corrupt and Some after reinstalled .Net 3.5 sp1, and the issue was resolved, if this method is not solved your issue, please open up a case with Microsoft Technical Support to further troubleshoot your issue.

Some similar issue information:

MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2012/08/10/mmc-has-detected-an-error-in-a-snap-in-and-will-unload-it.aspx

I’m glad to be of help to you!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Alex Lv Friday, March 27, 2015 3:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alex Lv Monday, April 6, 2015 2:54 AM
    Friday, March 20, 2015 9:21 AM
  • For people who come across this issue.There is missing data for Type in registry

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MMC\Snapins\FX:{8b6499ed-0241-e032-6508-da4b1c879d7e}\Type.
    The value for missing data should be
    Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Common.SnapInManager, Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn, Version=3.1.6001.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    That's how I got mine working again.
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:53 PM