Can apps sequenced using APPV5.1 deployed to APPV5.0 SP3 Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Currently end users have 5.0 SP3. They are not planning to update to 5.1 at this point of time but after 3 months

Since we have MDOP 5.1, can we sequence in 5.1 and deploy in 5.0 sp3 CLIENT

I do not want to use scriptrunner.exe which is part of 5.1 client

Basicallly I want 5.1 sequenced appv apps working on 5.0 sp3 client

Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Microsoft has stated that you can upgrade the components in any order for App-V 5.1 upgrade scenario.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt346500.aspx#BKMK_migrate_to_51

I believe applications sequenced in App-V 5.1 sequencer would work in App-V 5.0 SP3 client as there is no change in the file formats (Might not be all).

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you.)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:40 PM
  • I have not faced any problems with 5.1 sequencer and 5.0 sp3 client. Of course there is major problems in 5.0 client like COW restrictions. Anyway you can use it but if there is problems I always test first does 5.1 client fix it.

www.ictmanuaali.net

Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:42 PM
  • It's advisable to upgrade App-V client first so that you can have all the advantages that App-V 5.1 provides. Even applications that have issues with App-V 5.0 SP3 will have chances to work in App-V 5.1.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you.)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:49 PM
  • Please be aware that the App-V client version should be higher than the package sequencer version. We have seen problems when customers use the current version of the sequencer yet their clients are significantly older. Ideally the sequencer should be within the same service pack level as the client. 

http://blogs.technet.com/b/appv/archive/2015/06/30/the-microsoft-app-v-5-0-sequencer-and-client-troubleshooting-guide.aspx

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Saturday, November 21, 2015 6:46 AM