WMI Query Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have tried to set up a WMI alert using WQL in SCOM however I am getting an error of:

Error: 0x80041003
    Details: Access denied

I believe I am supposed to grant an account access through the WMI control however I have no clue about which account I should be granting the permissions to.  How can I find out what account is being used?

Thanks

Tom

Monday, October 15, 2012 2:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi yes thats the article I was reading, it just says grant user permissions, but I don't know what the user is.

In addition I think I need to grant the permissions to the user of one of the profiles in SCOM, however how can I find what profile is being used for WMI?

• Edited by Thomas Rhea Monday, October 15, 2012 3:47 PM
    Monday, October 15, 2012 3:06 PM
  • Hi

It would be the agent action account - this is usually local system. You can double check this on the Administration tab, agent managed.

Is the WMI query targeted at the local machine?

Cheers

Graham

Regards Graham New System Center 2012 Blog! - http://www.systemcentersolutions.co.uk
    View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/

• Marked as answer by Thomas Rhea Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:46 AM
    Monday, October 15, 2012 4:06 PM
  • Yes the Local System account seems to be working, well I am not getting access denied anyway!

I am now receiving lots of these in the event logs though:

Cannot create the event notification 'SQLWEP_0A64390C_F39A_4404_B8FF_B2CB2A64553E', because you do not have permission.
    SQLErrorInfo: 42000
    HResult: 0x80040e14
    Source: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0

The query is targeting a SQL Mirror

Monday, October 15, 2012 4:09 PM
  • Hi Thomas, try to run your WMI query locally on that server that you target. are there any errors? 
    Monday, October 15, 2012 8:18 PM
  • Hi again, right it seemed I needed to grant SYSTEM SA access in SQL and the errors disappeared, the alerting is now working.

Thanks for the help

Tom

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:45 AM