none
MS16-063 and Enterprise Mode issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everybody,

MS16-063 introduced Enterprise Mode XML schema v.2 support while maintaining support for v.1.

After the patch installs, computer reboots, it needs to connect to the site list once in order to re-parse it or the sites won't load in Enterprise Mode.

Vast majority of users are virtual. When a patch is installed, our users log back in with a cached account.

Our VPN, Cisco AnyConnect, requires going to a website in order to connect. The website in IE 11 must be rendered in Enterprise Mode or it will not work.

As you can see we have an issue here with our virtual users who are 12K+ and cannot come to an office.

Does anyone have any suggestions besides using a different browser?

Thank you.

• Edited by Fringe09 Monday, June 20, 2016 2:10 PM changes "introduces" to "introduced"
    Monday, June 20, 2016 1:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Fringe09,

According to your description, we could save your v.1 version of the file using the new Enterprise Mode Site List Manager (schema v.2) automatically updates the XML to the new v.2 version of the schema. Please download the manager from the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49974

Then we could use the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager to create and update your site list. After that we could use the command “gpupdate” to deploy all the computer.

https://technet.microsoft.com/itpro/internet-explorer/ie11-deploy-guide/enterprise-mode-schema-version-2-guidance?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:56 AM
  • Hi Everybody,

MS16-063 introduced Enterprise Mode XML schema v.2 support while maintaining support for v.1.

After the patch installs, computer reboots, it needs to connect to the site list once in order to re-parse it or the sites won't load in Enterprise Mode.

Vast majority of users are virtual. When a patch is installed, our users log back in with a cached account.

Our VPN, Cisco AnyConnect, requires going to a website in order to connect. The website in IE 11 must be rendered in Enterprise Mode or it will not work.

As you can see we have an issue here with our virtual users who are 12K+ and cannot come to an office.

Thank you.

That seems to be a nasty catch-22 situation :(

How did you initially rollout IE11 with your AnyConnect problem?

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:45 AM
  • Hi Everybody,

Thank you.

That seems to be a nasty catch-22 situation :(

How did you initially rollout IE11 with your AnyConnect problem?

When we first deployed IE 11, users were able to manually enable Enterprise Mode to get up and running. Nothing in the GPO looked for a site list before. Now, I can't even manually enable it. 
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:17 PM
  • When we first deployed IE 11, users were able to manually enable Enterprise Mode to get up and running. Nothing in the GPO looked for a site list before. Now, I can't even manually enable it. 

Does the setting to allow user to manually enable EM not work for this scenario?

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:54 PM
  • Hi Guys

I have 20,000 workstations and I was using Enterprise Mode Site List Manager and everything was working fine. I am using user GP which points to \\servername\enterprise.xml. Now after this patch I am discovering that this GP is not even getting applied. Even I tried removing the patch but stlll I am unable to reicive this GP. Microsoft need to clarify on this....

Jimmy Singh

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:35 PM