Outlook 2016 hidden emails when no filters are set RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there - I've recently installed Outlook 2016 on a new computer running Windows 10. 

The program has been hiding emails - when I first open Outlook, I can see all my inbox emails. But if I change folders and return to inbox, all of the emails from the last week are hidden. If I restart the program, I can see them again. 

But today, I can't see the previous week of items in my Sent folder either, no matter what I do. 
    As far as I can tell, there are no filters set. 

I have re-installed Office 2016, but that didn't make any difference.

Can you help?

thanks

Ieva

• Edited by ievaW Friday, October 27, 2017 7:55 PM
    Friday, October 27, 2017 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Ieva,

Can you still see these missing sent mails if we check it from the webmail interface in a browser?

Which type of email account are you using? IMAP, POP3 or Exchange? After reinstalling Office, did it ask you to reconfigure your email account in Outlook?

Do you have any 3rd-party add-in installed? If any, we may try starting Outlook in safe mode and see whether this issue continues. To do this, close Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and press Enter.

Besides, we can also try starting Outlook with /cleanviews switch to reset your Outlook folder views and then see whether the issue still happens. 

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, November 1, 2017 10:26 AM
    Monday, October 30, 2017 5:56 AM