e-mail RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make yahoo.com my default for windows 7 instead of windows live
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 11:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have the same confusion as ZigZag143x, did you mean a default email program? or a default account in an email system?

For a default email program, click Start , type “Default Programs”> Set your default programs>Programs, click the e‑mail program you'd like to use, and then click Set this program as default.

If you want set a default account, did you mean that you want to set yahoo email account as the default account in Windows Live Mail, if so, just click “File” on the top-left corner in Windows Live Mail>Options>email account, click a account, click “Set as default”.

Regards,

Yolanda

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:14 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:22 AM

All replies

• Baccsc

You have provided us no information.  Without it we cant help.  Why do you need either for win 7?  What email system are you using in win 7 and why?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, December 1, 2013 12:27 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same confusion as ZigZag143x, did you mean a default email program? or a default account in an email system?

For a default email program, click Start , type “Default Programs”> Set your default programs>Programs, click the e‑mail program you'd like to use, and then click Set this program as default.

If you want set a default account, did you mean that you want to set yahoo email account as the default account in Windows Live Mail, if so, just click “File” on the top-left corner in Windows Live Mail>Options>email account, click a account, click “Set as default”.

Regards,

Yolanda

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:14 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:22 AM