GPO > Security Compliance Manager > Configuration Item Supported Platform RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am converting a few of my GPOs into Configuration Baselines. From what I have read the best tool for this job is Microsoft Security Compliance Manager. I successfully import my GPO, export the DCM .CAB, and import that into SCCM. However, the imported Configuration Items are all targeting a specific Windows platform. Example: Major version 6, Minor version1, Build number: 7601. I'd prefer these to simply be targeting all Windows 7 operating systems.

Does anyone know a way to make this change in a fast manner? Right now I have ~ 75 Configuration Items I have to manually update using the management console. I looked at my options using Set-CMConfigurationItem, but it doesn't look like the platform is a property I can manipulate.

Friday, August 21, 2015 5:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried to import a configuration baseline or configuration item by using the Configuration Manager SDK?

How to Import Configuration Baselines and Configuration Items

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj218063.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 1:41 AM