none
Already configured System boot into "Audit Mode" for Default profile

Question

• I have setup and configured a Windows 10 computer (Non domain) with all the settings, security, start menu, task bar and applications I want. It looks great.  I now want o make this the default profile.  It used to be easy but all the reading I am seeing it is now really complicated.  So really two questions;

1) If I really have to do this from Audit Mode, how do I boot a computer that is already to go, into audit mode to setup the default profie (Sysprep?)

2) Am I missing something, is there a easier bath I am supposed to do this?

BlankMonkey

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:15 PM

All replies

• Hi BlankMonkey,

Firstly, you need create an answer file that contains CopyProfile setting.

Then configure user settings in audit mode and then generalize the Windows installation by using an answer file that contains the CopyProfile setting.

For the detailed information, please follow the procedure in this article:

Customize the Default User Profile by Using CopyProfile

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/commercialize/manufacture/desktop/customize-the-default-user-profile-by-using-copyprofile

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:53 AM
  • Does this include the start menu and desktop icons?  What about IE settings?  What are the drawbacks of this?

BlankMonkey

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:20 PM
  • Does this include the start menu and desktop icons?  What about IE settings?  What are the drawbacks of this?

BlankMonkey

Yes, included.

By using CopyProfile, you can customize installed applications, drivers, desktop backgrounds, internet explorer settings, and other configurations. Note that some settings are not preserved by using CopyProfile.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:15 AM
  • :(

I have just read in detail the steps.  This misses my posted question, being thatI already have the image built and ready.  If I follow these directions, I will have to start 2-3 weeks of work over again, just so I can boot to audit mode :(

BlankMonkey

Monday, March 13, 2017 1:14 PM
  • :(

I have just read in detail the steps.  This misses my posted question, being thatI already have the image built and ready.  If I follow these directions, I will have to start 2-3 weeks of work over again, just so I can boot to audit mode :(

BlankMonkey

Yes, you have to redo it with the answer file that contains CopyProfile setting.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 6:16 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If yes, please mark the helpful reply as answer in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:07 AM