none
POS 2009 or Windows Embedded? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All, I have few questions running in my mind, plz help with answers:

1. Does Windows Embedded POSReady 7 comes with POS installed and ready to use as a register?

2. If the answer to the above question is YES, then can I use the Windows Embedded POSReady 7 as central database server for multiple registers??

3. What is better to use? MS POS 2009 or Windows Embedded POSReady 7?

4. I have installed POS 2009 on 3 machines with Windows 7. Made 1 Central Database, 2nd & 3rd registers. But the problem is I can not connect the registers to the main database. It shows me the error that logon using the account that is administrator on both machines. I am fed up of this error, can't find a solution to it.

I have posted my problem on the forum: https://community.dynamics.com/product/rms/f/106/p/88870/169412.aspx#169412

Thnx.

Ashish

Monday, October 1, 2012 11:43 AM

Answers

• POSReady 7 is just the operating system. It helps address PCI security concerns. You can install any application you want to run including the MS Dynamics package.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, October 1, 2012 3:24 PM
  • Ashis,

Question #4 is better served by the Dynamics folks where you posted a copy of this inquiry.  This forum is strictly prepared to discuss the Windows Embedded retail platforms.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:11 PM

All replies

• POSReady 7 is just the operating system. It helps address PCI security concerns. You can install any application you want to run including the MS Dynamics package.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, October 1, 2012 3:24 PM
  • Sean thanks for your reply. Could you plz help me with pt #4. I have been struggling to connect the register to the database server. It would be grt if you can check out my setting via teamviewer. 

Ashish

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:08 PM
  • Ashis,

Question #4 is better served by the Dynamics folks where you posted a copy of this inquiry.  This forum is strictly prepared to discuss the Windows Embedded retail platforms.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:11 PM