'No valid certificates found. Check that the card is inserted correctly' on Vista when I try to login using a Classic TPC smartcard. RRS feed

• Question

• I am deliberately trying to test a smartcard that does not use the Microsoft Base Smartcard CSP. There are some valid certificates on the card as I can login using them on a Windows 7 system in the same environment. When I created the certificate on a Windows Server 2008 system I chose 'Smartcard Logon' template and chose 'Gemalto Classic Card CSP'.  What I would like to know is why I can login using the smartcard on a Windows 7 system but if I try to login on a Vista 32-bit system, I get the error 'No valid certificates found. Check that the card is inserted correctly'.  [BTW, the smartcard is a Gemalto Classic TPC smartcard]

I found a Microsoft hotfix which sounded just like it would fix my problem (KB 955558) but when I tried to install it, I was told that 'this update does not apply to your system'. I tried the patch on 4 different OS types and am mystified to find out what I need for it to install.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Monday, March 15, 2010 1:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Before going further, I would like to share the following websites:

Smart Cards that work with Windows XP/Vista

You may need to obtain the sofwtare using BaseCSP to enumarate the certificates.

Meanwhile, you can contact Gemalto for support as well.

Best Regards
    Dale

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:31 AM
  • Hi,

I looked at the website and can see that the Classic TPC card is supported on Vista. It is the 'Java-card based solution'. What do you mean when you say that I 'might need to obtain the software using BaseCSP to enumerate the certificates'? Windows 7 can enumerate them.
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:04 AM
  • Hi,

I looked at the website and can see that the Classic TPC card is supported on Vista. It is the 'Java-card based solution'. What do you mean when you say that I 'might need to obtain the software using BaseCSP to enumerate the certificates'? Windows 7 can enumerate them.

I am having the exact same problem as you however can't even login to Win7.

Did you ever find a fix for this?

• Edited by Mucozade Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:16 PM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:15 PM
  • it is solved with me by marking the certificate on token (smartcard) as the default certificate using the smartcard user interface .

Hamed Abdelraof, Senior System Admin. ITIDA, Egypt

Monday, May 5, 2014 1:24 PM