Power Query and Facebook Access Token RRS feed

• Question

• Hello-

I am able to do successful browser initiated web queries structured with my access token at the end of the graph.facebook.com query   (e.g. feed? access_token= wewt534344

How can I provide Power Query with such an access token?   the Query that PQ sends obviously lacks an access token which is required for my query.

Thanks

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:37 PM

Answers

• If you use the "Facebook" connector inside Power Query, we will redirect you to a Facebook login page from which Facebook will generate a new OAuth access token for us to use. There's no way for you to specify an access token explicitly for Facebook queries.
    Monday, January 13, 2014 5:48 PM

All replies

• If you use the "Facebook" connector inside Power Query, we will redirect you to a Facebook login page from which Facebook will generate a new OAuth access token for us to use. There's no way for you to specify an access token explicitly for Facebook queries.
    Monday, January 13, 2014 5:48 PM
  • Hi Curt (or whoever else)-

Follow up question, please-

Besides my personal facebook page, I am also an admin (using same credentials) on a company Fanpage.

In my personal page, where I manage apps and see that Power Query is able to manage my page, etc, it doesn't show that it can manage my other page.     How do I allow PQ to manage/access  my fanpage?

If I specify my fanpage as the object ID... and do the connection name I desire for that fanpage... I get an error.

Thanks

• Edited by TheMaze Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:34 AM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 10:20 PM
  • Sorry for the very long delay on this. If you're still watching the thread, could you give us a bit more detail about the fan page connection? I'm the admin of a couple fan pages and some of my quick checks worked. (For example, I was able to see the Likes for that page, etc.)
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:10 PM