none
Upgrading Machine Learning Server components to 9.3 (in-database) only partially works. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to update SQL Server 2017 Version 14.0.3029.16 (CU8) with ML Server 9.2 (in-database) to ML Server 9.3 (in-database). I've used the 9.3 installer, and it has updated base R to 3.4.3, but it doesn't properly update the proprietary packages. Specifically, RevoScaleR is only 9.2.1, and MicrosoftML is 1.5.0. I've tried running the installer multiple times, but the result is the same. No errors. The installer is for 9.3. What am I doing wrong?
    Monday, July 23, 2018 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

If you could attach some log summaries, it will help debug/resolve your issue.

# Run powershell as Administrator

# CD to SQL2017 Setup Bootstrap dir, e.g.
    cd  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Setup Bootstrap"

# Get summary of RSetup.exe /install calls (Ensure Out-File location is writable)
    ls RSetup.log -r | sls -Pattern "(RSetup.exe /install)|(Exiting with code)" | Out-File "C:\temp\rsetup_summary.log"

# Get summary of package versions  (Ensure Out-File location is writable)
    cd  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140"
    gci -Include DESCRIPTION -File -Recurse | Where-Object {($_.FullName -like "*RevoScaleR*" -or $_.FullName -like "*MicrosoftML*")} | sls -Pattern "(Version:)|(RevoBuildId:)" | % {"$($_)"} | Out-File "C:\temp\package_summary.log"

# Also attach Setup Log Summary.txt file: e.g. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Setup Bootstrap\Log\Summary.txt"

Thursday, August 2, 2018 12:07 AM