none
MSMQ-MQSeries Bridge Support on 64 bit Windows Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm looking for the MSMQ-MQSeries Bridge compatibility with 64 bit Windows Server. In the John's blog its clearly mentioned that MSMQ-MQSeries Bridge is not supported on x64 bit operating systems.

http://blogs.msdn.com/johnbreakwell/archive/2008/03/10/integration-bridging-microsoft-msmq-and-ibm-websphere-mq-on-64-bit-windows.aspx

But i haven't found any MS link/document about that. So please if any one have such link/document, please share.

Thanks

Shiv.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:25 AM

Answers

• The blog states that this is an IBM limitation due to their client being 32bit. It is considered official.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Ahsan Mumtaz Monday, May 17, 2010 10:43 AM
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 8:11 PM

All replies

• John's blog post is correct. The MSMQ-MQSeries Bridge cannot be used on a x64 system. The Bridge files are not even included in the x64 install package.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Friday, May 14, 2010 1:54 AM
  • Yes, Stephen I agree with John's comment on his blog about the MSMQ-MQSerires Bridge support on 64 systems.

But I'm looking for an official Microsoft Statement, if possible.

Thanks.

Friday, May 14, 2010 10:09 AM
  • The blog states that this is an IBM limitation due to their client being 32bit. It is considered official.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Ahsan Mumtaz Monday, May 17, 2010 10:43 AM
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 8:11 PM

Thanks,

Monday, May 17, 2010 11:00 AM
  • I checked with the HIS Product Team and there isn't any official documentation that discusses the fact that the MSMQ-MQSeries Bridge is a 32-bit only feature.

Another key point about the Bridge is that it is being removed from the product with the upcoming HIS 2010 release later this year. This is documented at the following link that discusses deprecated features in HIS:

https://connect.microsoft.com/HISERVER/content/content.aspx?ContentID=10997

The information at this link mentions HIS 2009 R2, but the product was renamed from HIS 2009 R2 to HIS 2010 at the same time that BizTalk Server 2009 R2 was renamed to BizTalk Server 2010.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:08 PM