Outlook 2016 Archive issues RRS feed

• Question

• Help Post
    Outlook 2016 won´t archive, following Ref regedit key value not found
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/…/outlook-2016-wont-ar…

Key for Outlook 2016: My HKEY location can't find in the location to change the Value in order

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Preferences

Value name: ArchiveIgnoreLastModifiedTime 
    Value type: REG_DWORD 
    Value: 1

My regedit key following path 

\16.0\Outlook\Preferences

Need your kind advice.

• Changed type Steve Fan Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:26 AM change to question
    • Moved by Steve Fan Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:27 AM move to dedicated outlook forum
    Thursday, August 9, 2018 5:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may first try running repair of your Office installation to see the result. If the key is still missing, try manually creating it.

Besides, could you provide more details on the archiving issue you are encountering? Have you narrowed down the cause to the the modified date of your emails?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:40 AM
  • Hi Steve fan

Thanks for your reply

as i'm doing year basis archive email on outlook 2016, i'm seeing couple of user's having same thing happening. when i set date to archive it's doing by it process but after 2-3mnt later it has been done. apparently their is not single email moved on archive file. i got article to help following the step but not able to get it.

is there any way to archive if not moving as general process.

pls advice me on same.

Thanks 
    Sabbir Ahamed

Sabbir Ahamed Support Engineer Bangladesh

Thursday, August 9, 2018 9:44 AM
  • Thank you for the update. If this is the case, it's possible that the ArchiveIgnoreLastModifiedTime key will help. Have you got an opportunity to try manually creating the registry key?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, August 20, 2018 9:08 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2018 9:10 AM
  • Hi Sabbir,

How is everything going? 

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:35 AM