Insert O365 video doesn't work in IE11?? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm starting to have a lot of problems with IE11 and O365... time for an update???  The latest one, and the most critical, is that I'm trying to insert or embed an O365 video from the video portal, and it isn't visible in IE11. Works great in Chrome, but we just went through a long battle to get everyone to use IE11 as their default browser.  Now I feel like we have to tell them to use Chrome AGAIN, which isn't going to go over well. A couple of days ago, I was having problems with the new list interface, adding text to a rich text field and the ribbon disappeared... again, works great in Chrome. IE11 definitely has bugs !

alliswell0520

Thursday, September 1, 2016 7:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try the following methods and check the result.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to open Internet Explorer as administrator and check if it helps. This will help us to find out if the issue is with the User Account Settings.

The executable for Internet Explorer 11 is located here: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe. Right click on iexplorer.exe and select the option “Run as Administrator” and check if it helps.

Method 2:

I would suggest you boot into Safe Mode with Networking and check if it helps. Safe Mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in Safe Mode with Networking, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

If the issue does not persist in Safe Mode with Networking, then perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.How to troubleshoot problems using clean boot in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “to reset computer as usual.

Method 3:

Please double check if resetting Internet Explorer settings helps. Reset Internet Explorer settings:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as an answers</b> if they help and <b> unmark</b> them if they provide no help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Saturday, September 3, 2016 9:26 AM