Dual Monitors Go Blank Following Wake from Sleep Mode RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble using dual monitors. When I wake the PC from sleep mode, both monitors appear blank and I have to re-boot the system. My graphics card is an nVidia GeForce GT220 1024MB. My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (64 BIT) - English.

Can you suggest a remedy for this problem?
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Considering the issue occurs on Windows Vista, it is better to go to our Windows Vista forum for help:

Windows Vista forum

Having said that, I'd still like to share the following methods with you to see if we can eliminate this problem:

1.    Update the graphics driver to the latest version.

2.    Ensure that all the updates for Windows Vista have been applied.

3.    Run virus scan to ensure the computer is virus free.

4.    Perform a Clean Boot to check the issue.

Clean boot

=================

1)     Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Search box, and then press Enter.

Note: If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.

2)   Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3)   Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

NOTE: we can go back to normal boot by running msconfig again and checking on Normal Startup in the General tab.

In the Clean Boot Environment, the third party services and applications are disabled, please check if the issue reoccurs at this time.

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:58 AM