none
MS word 2013 watermark deploy through GPO to all Users

Question

• Hi,

We are using MS office 2013 in our organization and we are in need to deploy auto watermark solution for all the client computers.

The user's PC will be logged in with his badge ID ( example : 123456 ) into the domain, whenever the user prints a document, the print out should be printed with his badge ID and Display Name.

Our Setup:
    Windows Server 2012 R2 ( Active Directory )
    Windows 7 Desktop OS ( Client Computers )

Any solution to deploy through GPO please . ?

Thank You.

Regards,Ali

Monday, December 5, 2016 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Ali,
    As far as I know, it seems that there is no built-in method via group policy to deploy watermark.
    Just a suggestion, you could have a try to create a custom template with the watermark setting, then put the template in a network location, in this case, users could choose the template for use.
    In addition, regarding to print watermark, based on my knowledge, the mechanism might depend on the particular printer, and some printers can implement watermarks within their print configuration menus. So you could check the printer settings to check if it could be configured or involve printer vendor to check if the printer supports to print watermark.
    As the problem is also related to office, I would suggest that you could also ask the questions in the office forum to see if we could get more information:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=officesetupdeploy
    The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 3:29 AM