Publishing Access Database in Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to publish a 2010 Access Database to Sharepoint. I already ran the web compatibility checker and have fixed all of the errors so my database is now web compatible. When I click publish to sharepoint and enter in the web address, the database stops responding. I tried going to the URL that I created and received the following error message:

This application was designed in a version of Microsoft Access that is not compatible with the version of Access Services installed on this server. The application must be opened in a compatible version of Microsoft Access and upgraded manually in order to be used on this server. Click Open in Access to open the file in Microsoft Access."

When I try to open the database from there I get another error:

Microsoft Access could not open the Web application from [URL]. Please verify that the server is available.

The version of Access that I used to create my database is 32-bit. Could the issue be that I need 64-bit?

If anyone has any insight on solving this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 3:27 PM

Answers