Windows 10 Feature on Demand on WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• We are running WSUS on a Windows 2012 R2 server. Our clients connect up and get downloads as would be expected. All is well in that aspect

Some of our Windows 10 implementations require .net 3.5 to be installed and Windows 10 wants to go to an update server to get it. This has been problematic for some of our users. This morning I enabled Windows 10 Feature on Demand and performed a manual synchronization.

When I look through updates, I do not see anything listed that looks like Feature on Demand.

Under updates, I created a new view specifically for Windows 10 Feature on Demand and nothing shows up regardless of the filters that I use. I realize that these are features and not updates, but how can I tell if it has been downloaded to the WSUS and then be able to approve it for deployment?

I don't see any downloads pending.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Friday, May 19, 2017 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi bakerjw,

>When I look through updates, I do not see anything listed that looks like Feature on Demand

I checked it in my lab and I could view these updates in WSUS view, please check if you set the correct filter to view the updates.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:53 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check if you got any progress with your issue? Welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 29, 2017 7:07 AM