none
How to disable Screen capture in windows 10 using GPO RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

is there any way we can disable windows 10 screen capturing  via Group policy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

• Edited by Syam_ Sunday, January 28, 2018 7:56 AM
    Sunday, January 28, 2018 7:35 AM

Answers

• No, as long as a computer can access to Internet, user can download kinds of screen capture tools to achieve screenshot, even we can disable Print Screen and Snipping tool via Group Policy.

If you could control Internet connection, the following methods might be helpful.

1.Disable Print Screen via Group Policy

Create a .reg file containing :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,00,00,2a,e0,00,00,37,e0,\

Apply the registry modify through a script (batch file) set at the computer level. Reboot the computer after GPO applied.

2. Disable Snipping Tool in Windows 10

Navigate to the following setting:

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Tablet PC > Accessories.

Here, on the right-side, double-click on Do not allow Snipping Tool to run to open its Properties and select ‘Enabled’ option to disable the Sniping Tool in Windows 10.

Regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 29, 2018 6:20 AM

All replies

• No, as long as a computer can access to Internet, user can download kinds of screen capture tools to achieve screenshot, even we can disable Print Screen and Snipping tool via Group Policy.

If you could control Internet connection, the following methods might be helpful.

1.Disable Print Screen via Group Policy

Create a .reg file containing :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,00,00,2a,e0,00,00,37,e0,\

Apply the registry modify through a script (batch file) set at the computer level. Reboot the computer after GPO applied.

2. Disable Snipping Tool in Windows 10

Navigate to the following setting:

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Tablet PC > Accessories.

Here, on the right-side, double-click on Do not allow Snipping Tool to run to open its Properties and select ‘Enabled’ option to disable the Sniping Tool in Windows 10.

Regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 29, 2018 6:20 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Friday, February 2, 2018 9:31 AM
  • Last week my Mobile Device, Laptop and wifi and (2) other extra Android Devices i am currently working on all were HACKED.  Luckily i got a screen shot of a Private Conversation in my Twitter account the dumb ass forgot to delete.  Since then, i had my ISP turned OFF, Google replaced my brand new Pixel 4XL running a LOCKED Bootloader and Android 10.  I have been trying to clean up the mess with the help of other Devs on the Android Team that use Windows 10, of course everyone told me to run LIX, but i dont know the commands and i grew up using DOS then Windows.  Today I received my new device from Google and i decided that i should maybe wipe everything and start over.  I am currently running Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 19551..rs_prerelease.20118-2023.  After wiping the laptop and as i'm reinstalling everything, once again, I am getting Random Screenshots taken.  I have never had this problem before and not sure if it's common.  This is the 2nd link i clicked on after searching.  The link before this was in the Microsoft forum and the thread was CLOSED.

One of the Devs on the Android Team suggested I run a LIX Distro to reformat to EX4 and then go back to Windows 10 to be safe.  All the years i have worked on and around a Windows PC, never have i ever seen random screenshots taken...  Looks to possibly maybe be OneDrive when the pop-up shows up.

Any help and other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:43 AM