none
Sharing Visual Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to share a Visual Report with other PMs by adding it to the Enterprise Resource Pool or do I have to share it via a different mechanism?

thanks

Steve

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 12:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Unfortunately the visual reports are made from a local cube exported in a local Excel file. So you can only share it via tradionnal ways, such as emailing or dropping on a shared drive.

If you are using Project 2013, you could create a dashboard in Project Pro 2013 and share it with all users via the enterprise global. Also this could be a Excel Service dashboard in a PDP retrieving automatically the project UID.

Please tell us more about your business need so we can put you on the right track.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 1:50 PM
  • thanks Guillaume, basically just need a quick way for PMs to look at their work v actual work on individual projects (ie one or all of their owned projects), I am ok with setting up a Excel report, how can I retrieve the project UID via a PDP approach as you suggest?

thank you

Steve

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 5:18 PM
  • Hi Steve,

Basically, here is the principle:

1. Create an Excel report with the Project UID as a filter or a slicer,
    2. Create a new PDP with a Excel web part for your report,
    3. Add a query filter URL webpart to retrieve the project UID in the URL and pass it to the excel report.

Here is a detailed procedure:

http://azlav.umtblog.com/2012/12/05/filtering-excel-webparts-in-office-365-part-2/

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:30 PM
  • thanks Guillaume

Steve

Thursday, July 16, 2015 3:53 PM