App Controller will not connect to SQL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

So I am trying to implement App Controller 2012 R2 in my Hyper-V setup.

I am running 1 VM that has 2 instances of SQL 2012 Developer edition (Default and Erpdev) and one with SQL 2012 Standard Edition (SC2012R2). All are configured with Mixed mode authentication. This VM is called sql-srv1

I then have another VM called sc-srv1, which holds the SC VMM installation and should also contain the App Controller.

Installation of VMM management server and VMM Console went fine and works as it should.

I then tried to install App Controller and everything goes fine until it has to connect with the SQL-database. I enter the name of my SQL-server and wait a few seconds for it to detect the instances and then choose SC2012R2. Database name is left as AppController. The database is created before installation and the AD user that will be used as the service account for App Controller has sysadmin access to the entire SQL-server instance.

When I click Next it gives this error:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections

The SQL Server instance is configured to allow incoming TCP/IP connection and also named pipe connections. For troubleshooting purposes I have disabled Windows Firewall, but there is an incoming rule in place to allow TCP connections on port 1433.

I know that the SQL Server instance can be accessed from the network as the same instance is used with SC VMM.

Does anyone have an idea for why the App Controller setup is giving this error?

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 9:21 AM

All replies