Publishing Server URL Not accessible from client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

I've upgraded our APP-V 5.0 SP1 to App-V 5.0 SP3. When I log on the first time I get errors when trying to refresh the publishing server. If I reboot my machine the packages show and I don't get any error message in the eventviewer. However when I try to access the URL from a user perspective I get an popup in Internet Explorer asking me for a username or password. Does this have anything to do with the public access value within the database? 

It's still in a testing environment, but I think this behaviour is really strange... 

Saturday, April 18, 2015 11:25 AM

Answers

• Also fixed... in my other environments I fill in the FQDN of the app-v Server... in this case the URL is only using single sign on when putting in the url without fqdn... 
    • Marked as answer by Jay2k_technet Saturday, April 18, 2015 2:08 PM
    Saturday, April 18, 2015 12:28 PM

All replies

• Whenever I put in my user credentials to connect to the url I get an 401 unauthorized error. With Admin credentials it just works fine... 
    Saturday, April 18, 2015 11:37 AM
  • Already seen that the authenticated users are part of the local users on the appv publishing server. 
    Saturday, April 18, 2015 11:37 AM
  • Whenever I remove a user from an app-v group the application also unpublishes correctly.... very strange. Still can't access the url from internet explorer. In my other environments with App-V 5.0 SP1 I can.... 
    Saturday, April 18, 2015 11:53 AM
  • Very strange I reset my password and now when I fill in my details in the pop-up during accessing the publishing URL it works. In my other environments I don't need to fill in my credentials manually.... I also restarted IIS and after this it seemed like the authentication started to work....
    Saturday, April 18, 2015 12:24 PM
  • Also fixed... in my other environments I fill in the FQDN of the app-v Server... in this case the URL is only using single sign on when putting in the url without fqdn... 
    • Marked as answer by Jay2k_technet Saturday, April 18, 2015 2:08 PM
    Saturday, April 18, 2015 12:28 PM
  • I had this issue when I was accessing the my VIP by IP prior to creating the DNS entry. I think it was actually IE not passing the creds because it was not listed as a local intranet site. Try adding the site to your local intranet sites.
    Monday, April 20, 2015 12:45 PM