none
Verification email not received in order to begin trial download RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get MS Project 2010 trial, but when I attempt to download, I am told that a verification email has been sent to make sure my address is correct... I have not received that email, and it is not in spam or other... and yes, the email address is correct. I have found a trial download on a mirror site, but I of course need the trial key as well....
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 1:45 PM

Answers

• I'm having the same problem. I've contacted support and was told to post on these forums. That error

Verify Ownership of your E-mail Address
    To better protect your privacy, Microsoft requires that you verify ownership of your e-mail address prior to sending you information.
    Instructions: An e-mail message has successfully been sent to your inbox. To complete the process follow the instructions below.
    1. Go to your inbox at the address above.
    2. Open the verification message from 'Microsoft' with the subject line 'Verification E-Mail'.
    3. Click the link in the body of the e-mail or follow the instructions.

Note: If you close this browser window before completing the verification process, you may also be asked to sign in with your Windows Live™ ID.
    Trouble Shooting: If you have trouble receiving your Inbox Verification E-mail, try the following:
    Wrong Address
    Make sure that you have typed in the correct e-mail address (displayed above). You may correct any mistakes by returning to the Profile Center and editing your e-mail address.
    Junk Mail Filter
    Make sure that the Verification E-mail did not get filtered into the junk mail folder of your e-mail application.
    Blocked by ISP
    In some cases e-mails may be accidentally blocked by anti-spam technology used by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Contact your ISP and ask them if they are blocking e-mail sent by 'Microsoft'.
    Contact Us
    If you are still unable to receive the Verification E-mail after three attempts, Contact Us
    Is the same one I'm seeing. I'm not seeing any email in my box neither inbox, junk, or spam.
    Anyone have an answer to this?
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:03 PM
  • I've changed the email address to a personal one and not my business one and it has worked. I'll work on getting it changed later when I have time to call Microsoft.
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:11 PM

All replies

• Hello Bozathm,

Try to download from here, the link will ask you to sign in using msn id and then lead to download page on which Trial Key is displayed by defualt.

http://www.microsoft.com/project/en/us/project-professional-2010.aspx

Sapna S
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:50 PM
  • I am trying to get MS Project 2010 trial, but when I attempt to download, I am told that a verification email has been sent to make sure my address is correct... I have not received that email, and it is not in spam or other... and yes, the email address is correct. I have found a trial download on a mirror site, but I of course need the trial key as well....

http://www.microsoft.com/project/en/us/project-professional-2010.aspx

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. Unfortunately the above link did not work.... I get as far as the instruction message below.

Instructions: An e-mail message has successfully been sent to your inbox. To complete the process follow the instructions below.

1. Go to your inbox at the address above. (the address above - where is the address above? I don't see it).
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 8:39 AM
  • please share the link that you have used previosuly for the Download.
    Sapna S
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 8:44 AM
  • Hi Rynan,

The link don't asks to send e-mail for verifcication, it simply asks you to log in using MSN ID and once done, it directly leads to Product key page with download button.

Sapna S
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 12:03 PM
  • Thanks for putting up with me Sapna S  :)

Once I log in using my MSN ID, I have a page that comes up like this - (see below). It keeps referring to above but there is nothing "above". No email address (mine) or anything.....

I think i may have to call.....

To better protect your privacy, Microsoft requires that you verify ownership of your e-mail address prior to sending you information.
    2. Open the verification message from 'Microsoft' with the subject line 'Verification E-Mail'.

Note: If you close this browser window before completing the verification process, you may also be asked to sign in with your Windows Live™ ID.
    Trouble Shooting: If you have trouble receiving your Inbox Verification E-mail, try the following:
    Wrong Address
    Make sure that you have typed in the correct e-mail address (displayed above). You may correct any mistakes by returning to the Profile Center and editing your e-mail address.
    Junk Mail Filter
    Make sure that the Verification E-mail did not get filtered into the junk mail folder of your e-mail application.
    Blocked by ISP
    In some cases e-mails may be accidentally blocked by anti-spam technology used by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Contact your ISP and ask them if they are blocking e-mail sent by 'Microsoft'.
    Contact Us
    If you are still unable to receive the Verification E-mail after three attempts, Contact Us
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 1:06 PM
  • Sorry Rynan, couldn't figure out why you are getting this message. Is it like that you have created this MSN id just before downloading the trial? May be in that case it could be asking for the verification.
    Sapna S
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 2:03 PM
  • Thanks anyways Sapna. I have had my MSN ID for quite a while now. That's the thing, i have no problem with the verification process - just have not received the email from Micosoft to do so.....

I will make sure I post something when (and if) i get it sorted....

Rynan
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 2:22 PM
  • Ok, thanks for the update :)
    Sapna S
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 2:23 PM
  • I'm having the same problem. I've contacted support and was told to post on these forums. That error

Wrong Address
    Junk Mail Filter
    Blocked by ISP
    Contact Us
    Is the same one I'm seeing. I'm not seeing any email in my box neither inbox, junk, or spam.
    Anyone have an answer to this?
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:03 PM
  • I've changed the email address to a personal one and not my business one and it has worked. I'll work on getting it changed later when I have time to call Microsoft.
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:11 PM