Deleted List item keeps coming back RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have a strange problem where the list item that I delete keeps coming back to the list. There are no features activated in the site. How and why does the deleted item get back into the list. I deleted the item from the  list also deleted it from the Recycle Bin yet it come back.I cant edit it either. And as I said, there are no features installed in the site.

Thanks in Advance

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:59 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is this issue is happening only in a particular list or in all lists in the site?

If in all then it seems that previous versions of your databases are getting restored and I would suggest you to check your DB maintainence plan for this.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 9:35 PM
  • Hi Rahul,

This just happens for one particular list only. When I delete the item it comes back, i cant edit it either as the changes don't take place.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:23 AM
  • What kind of list item is this? is this a Task list library ? Are you getting the same list item restored which was deleted by you? please check the modified time, please make sure if there is any workflow running in the background to create a new list item.

Thanks, Arun, Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:39 PM
  • Can you check if there is any custom event receiver code associated with the list items?
    Thanks & Regards, Soumyadev | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:08 AM
  • HI Soumya ,

Well, there is no custom event receiver code associated with the list item. This is a simple custom list.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:01 AM
  • Hi Arun,

This is a simple custom list and when I delete the item , it gets restored within seconds but one strange thing is that the Modified column shows a different username, a user other than what i have signed in as. The user belongs to a network group.

I have checked the list settings and there are no workflows set against this list.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:04 AM
  • Hi,

Did you defined some time job involved this list? What the permission that user has? Have you tried to remove the user temporary to see if the issue still exist?

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

Monday, August 22, 2011 12:25 PM
  • Could it be a synchronization issue?  Perhaps you have multiple servers in your farm?

If so, you could experiment with going directly to your site on each server and deleting your item from the list.

Monday, August 22, 2011 1:41 PM