Windows 7 blue screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

This is a fairly new win 7 32-bit install, and I have been experiencing blue screen crashes.  The error log is below:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
      OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
      Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode: 124
      BCP1: 00000000
      BCP2: 86211024
      BCP3: 00000000
      BCP4: 00000000
      OS Version: 6_1_7600
      Service Pack: 0_0
      Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\032110-33203-01.dmp
      C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-54906-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
      C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have also posted the minidump files in zip format on skydrive with the link below:

http://cid-3bd6dc9a154f5a5e.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Dump%20Files?uc=1&nl=1

I would appreciate any input to shed some light on these crashes.  Thank you in advance for your help!

Cheers,

M

• Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Tuesday, March 23, 2010 6:27 PM Focus (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 8:52 PM

Answers

• This does appear to be a hardware issue, but the dumps didn't capture helpful details about the error ("Unknown").

Check for updated drivers, BIOS, firmware, and try removing unnecessary hardware, including swapping RAM modules around or running with a reduced number of RAM modules.  Also try testing RAM with e.g. memtest86 or Windows Memory Diagnostic.

FWIW, SISRAID2 and SISAGPX drivers are old - Sept. 2008 and Oct. 2006 respectively...

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, March 29, 2010 2:05 AM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Malkyre,

-           When did the issue first occur? Did it occur after installing some software or changing some hardware?

-           When does the issue occur? Does the issue occur when starting up Windows or using certain application?

-           How was this Windows 7 installed? Was it a clean installation or an upgrade installation?

Please understand that to solid troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump and analyze the related source code if needed. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. I'd like to recommend that you contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

In the meantime, you can refer to the suggestions below to perform some troubleshooting to see if the culprit can be found.

Please unplug all unnecessary devices and then perform the steps below:

1. Click Start, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and press Enter.

2. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers".

3. Right click on your sound card and then click "Properties.

4. In the dropdown menu of Device Usage, please choose "Do not use this device (disable)" and click OK.

5. Please use the same method to disable other dubious hardware such as: internal modem, network card and CD-R drive. Please note some devices such as video adapter are not available to be disabled.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:52 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your reply...

To answer you questions:

The intall was a clean install.  The issue first occurred 2-3 days after the installation and has occurred 4 times overall.  I have included all 4 of the mini-dump files in the link in my first post.  I have been away from the computer when the crashes have occurred with at least 2 of them happening during the night.  Unfortunately as a result I do not have any idea what may have caused the crashes, and I have been unable to deliberately cause a crash.   In similar threads in this forum, people with these crashes were asked to upload their dump files to skydrive and then feedback was given based on the information contained therein.  That was why I supplied the link in my initial post.  Thank you for your time!

Cheers,

M

P.s. I think from looking at the files myself that this is some sort of hardware error and not a driver problem

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 5:02 PM
  • This does appear to be a hardware issue, but the dumps didn't capture helpful details about the error ("Unknown").

Check for updated drivers, BIOS, firmware, and try removing unnecessary hardware, including swapping RAM modules around or running with a reduced number of RAM modules.  Also try testing RAM with e.g. memtest86 or Windows Memory Diagnostic.

FWIW, SISRAID2 and SISAGPX drivers are old - Sept. 2008 and Oct. 2006 respectively...

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, March 29, 2010 2:05 AM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:44 PM