Canceled meetings remain in a room's calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

We have a few rooms configured in an Exchange 2007 SP1 with Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 as clients.

We have configured the rooms with the classical autoaccep mode (BookInPolicy), and those rooms are normally working fine. I mean: when they receive a meeting request, they autoaccept it, and when they receive a cancellation, they remove it from their calendars.

But sometimes we are finding meetings that are canceled but not removed from the room's calendar. We can see them in the room's calendar with the prefix "Canceled" before the subject.

Does anybody know why this is happening if the normal behavior is to remove the canceled meetings?

Could it be due to the use of any of the current clients (OL 2007 or OL 2010)?

What are the possible scenarios where they should stay marked as canceled meetings in the room's calendar?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:19 PM

Answers

• The meeting booked in Room mailbox can only be removed by the original meeting organizer from "meeting update" or the delegate of room from the room's calendar folder. I am suspecting the problematic canceled meetings is not removed correctly.

Please check with the meeting organizer to to cancel the booked meeting. To do this, open the existing meeting in the organize's calendar, client cancel and then click "update".

If the issue continues, there might be a corruption item in the room's calendar and you need to clean the room mailbox.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 27, 2012 11:03 AM

All replies

• Couple of things to check.  Are all the rooms set the same for CalendarProcessing?  Are all of the resource mailboxes set as Room mailboxes?  IF you open up the mailboxes in Outlook, go to Tools, Options, click Calendar Options and then click resource scheduling are any of the three checkboxers checked?

JAUCG

Friday, February 24, 2012 1:46 AM
  • The meeting booked in Room mailbox can only be removed by the original meeting organizer from "meeting update" or the delegate of room from the room's calendar folder. I am suspecting the problematic canceled meetings is not removed correctly.

Please check with the meeting organizer to to cancel the booked meeting. To do this, open the existing meeting in the organize's calendar, client cancel and then click "update".

If the issue continues, there might be a corruption item in the room's calendar and you need to clean the room mailbox.

Fiona Liao

Monday, February 27, 2012 11:03 AM
  • I'm sorry for nto responding so far...

We have another troubles and we weren't able to try your solutions.

We'll try them asap and I'll tell you the result.

Thank you.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:49 AM
  • Thanks for your update. I will mark this thead as answered at this time. Your understanding would be appreciated.

Fiona Liao

Monday, March 5, 2012 8:10 AM