Unable to install application on Windows 7 system RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install the Remedy 7.5 client on Windows 7 32 bit, but get the below errors.
    • The features you have selected require 229 MB of disk space on "C:\​" and you have only 0 MB available.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:26 PM

Answers

• Hi bigioeron,

For this incompatibility issue, the Remedy support is the best choice, because we don't have any application information about this product and cannot do any troubleshooting anymore. As I noticed there're some similar discussion in BMC Community, it could draw their attention to fix this issue. 

The only workaround I can suggest is, if you're running Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate version, you can choose the Windows XP Mode, then install the Remedy 7.5 in Windows XP Mode.

Regards,

Miya

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, May 27, 2011 9:21 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:36 AM

All replies

• How much space do you have on the C: drive?
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:42 PM
  • The C drive has 47GB
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:49 PM
  • Have you tried running the install program as administrator?

Right click on the install setup file and select "Run as administrator".

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:21 PM
  • I tried that and compatibility mode as well
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:44 PM
  • From the NC state web site.

"Some Windows 7 users have reported problems installing various clients. Running the installer in "compatibility mode" seems to resolve the issue."

http://remedy.ncsu.edu/project/downloads/

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:21 PM
  • Hi bigjoeron,

I suggest you temporarily turn off the firewall/anti-virus software, then install the Remedy 7.5 in compatibility mode.

Right-click the setup.exe in the folder X:\ARSuiteKitclient\ARSuiteClientWindows\Disk1\InstData\VM, select Windows XP SP3, then reinstall it to check if it works.

Refer to this thread: https://communities.bmc.com/communities/thread/41391 

It seems a known problems about Remedy, you can also contact the Remedy support for further research.

Regards,

Miya

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 2:19 AM
  • I did all the above.  Do you guys have any other suggestions that works?
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:02 PM
  • Hi bigioeron,

For this incompatibility issue, the Remedy support is the best choice, because we don't have any application information about this product and cannot do any troubleshooting anymore. As I noticed there're some similar discussion in BMC Community, it could draw their attention to fix this issue. 

The only workaround I can suggest is, if you're running Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate version, you can choose the Windows XP Mode, then install the Remedy 7.5 in Windows XP Mode.

Regards,

Miya

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, May 27, 2011 9:21 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:36 AM
  • Hi bigioeron,

Based on this issue is an incompatibility problem with Remedy, contacting BMC is the best choice. And if you use Windows XP Mode, you can install it in the virtual machine.

I will mark the former reply as 'answer' in order to let other community members know this and try the workaround. If you have any feedback or solutions, please directly reply to us.

Thanks for your efforts and cooperation!

Regards,

Miya

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:11 AM