Outlook favorite inbox just contians one account inbox emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have two accounts in my outlook 2016 client, the 'Favorite' node display in the top of left panel. I assume the inbox in favorite should display all emails of my two accounts, but it only display only one account's emails. If I want to check emails in another account, I need to scroll the scrollbar to the bottom of the panel and select inbox in another account.

Anyone can help?

Monday, July 3, 2017 3:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This is the expected behavior. You need to add the Inbox of your another account to Favorites (Right click Inbox > Show in Favorites) so that you can also see it in Favorites node.

When you have only one Inbox added to Favorites, it will show as 'Inbox' in Favorites pane. However, when you add more than one Inboxes of other email accounts in Favorites, it will show multiple 'Inbox' with the mailbox name appended.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen4Tech Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:59 AM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:58 AM

All replies

• Anybody?
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 3:31 AM
  • Hi,

This is the expected behavior. You need to add the Inbox of your another account to Favorites (Right click Inbox > Show in Favorites) so that you can also see it in Favorites node.

When you have only one Inbox added to Favorites, it will show as 'Inbox' in Favorites pane. However, when you add more than one Inboxes of other email accounts in Favorites, it will show multiple 'Inbox' with the mailbox name appended.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen4Tech Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:59 AM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:58 AM
  • Hi Allen,                                                                                     

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If you find the reply helps, do you mind to mark it as the answer, so that other community members who are encountering the same issue could quickly find the verified reply? Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:46 AM