SCCM 2012 to SCCM 2007 Client Rollback RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I am doing SCCM 2007 SP1 to SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 migration project (please don't laugh) & i am at SCCM 2012 client deployment stage. My customer wants to know Microsoft recommended rollback plan for client deployment.

Can someone help me with the plan or suggest how to install SCCM 2007 client on machines already installed with SCCM 2012 client.

Thanks,

MayurG

Friday, January 13, 2017 11:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Guys,

I am doing SCCM 2007 SP1 to SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 migration project (please don't laugh) & i am at SCCM 2012 client deployment stage. My customer wants to know Microsoft recommended rollback plan for client deployment.

Can someone help me with the plan or suggest how to install SCCM 2007 client on machines already installed with SCCM 2012 client.

Thanks,

MayurG

Uninstall the cm12 client and install  there isn't anything more to it than it.

Garth Jones

Blog: http://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: http://smsug.ca/blogs/garth_jones/default.aspx

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleased

Saturday, January 14, 2017 1:59 AM
  • 1. Uninstall the SCCM 2007 Client.

2. Remove the old SMS certificates
    You could use powershell for that.
    Remove-Item -Path ‘HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\SMS\Certificates\*’ -force;

3. Install the SCCM 2012 Client.

Sunday, January 15, 2017 3:05 AM
  • If its reporting to the new SCCM 2012 and a rollback is required, you may have to use the Right Click tools to uninstall from the SCCM 2012/2007 or else a Powershell/GPO to remove the agent would help you here.

May be an option of uninstalling from 2012 using a package model,may have a better reporting than the Right Click Tools and then I would install the client from 2007 using the client push.

Kamala kannan.c| Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” or Vote as Helpful if its helpful for you. |Disclaimer: This posting is provided with no warranties and confers no rights

Sunday, January 15, 2017 7:32 AM