Client push not working for specific collections RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am running System Center ConfigMgr 2012R2 w/ the latest 1610 Hotfix (KB3214042).  This is running on Server 2012R2.  I currently have about 730 compliant clients.  All deployments seem to have been working perfect.  I noticed my update compliance was at 0% for (2) collections.  I went and tried to push the installation by right clicking the collection and selecting "install client."  It has been about 2 weeks and not one PC has got the client.  Another odd thing, all the forums say to check CCM.log to monitor client installs.  My SCCM server does not have a CCM.log file.  I searched the entire computer and came up with nothing..  I did read a forum saying you had to have the "Fallback Status point" role installed to get the CCM.log.  I installed the role and still do not have that log.  Has anyone experienced this? or possibly I am mistaken.

I have not gone to the machines physically and attempted client install.  I would prefer to get SCCM to push out the client properly as it has for the other 700+ machines.  The collections not receiving the installs are the same make/model PCs, same OS versions, same group policy. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

The roles I have installed: App catalog service pt, app catalog website pt, asset intelligence, component server, distribution point, fallback status point, management point. (All reside on the same 2012R2 server).  My database is SQL 2014 and that resides on another server.

Friday, January 6, 2017 4:41 PM

Answers

• You will always have a ccm.log on the site server unless somehow you've managed to turn logging off. The log is with all of your other site logs in \Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs.

You do *not* need an FSP for this log -- the two are completely unrelated.

You need to start troubleshooting with ccm.log so your first task is finding it and/or turning it back on. To validate whether it's on, open the ConfigMgr Service Manager:

1. In the console, go to the Monitoring workspace.

2. Select  Overview -> System Status -> Site Status from the navigation tree.

3. Click Start on the ribbon bar and choose Configuration Manager Service Manager from the drop down menu.

4. Once the Service Manager starts, give it a minute or so to  finish loading if necessary, expand Servers and then expand your site server.

5. Select SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER from the list under your site server.

6. In the details pane on the right, right-click SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER and choose Logging.

7. Make sure the Logging enabled option is selected. You'll also be able to see the exact location of the log in the Log filename field.

Once you confirm the log exists, then you can open it to begin your troubleshooting. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/925282 is a KB that covers this quite well (the process has only marginally changed since ConfigMgr 2007 so don't worry about the title).

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

• Marked as answer by CMeabon Friday, January 6, 2017 10:00 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2017 7:01 PM