none
Error Deleting Storage Pool Disk DPM 2012R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have 2 disk in my pool, one of them failed and could be recovered, so I did a DpmSync -ReallocateReplica and did a consistency check, i then delete the disk from the pool and delete the missing dynamic disk in Windows disk management.

The problem is that now I see the disk again in the DPM administrator console and with Get-DPMDisk, when i proceed to delete the disk again the console and power shell crash, i wen to the log and find this.

Unable to connect to the DPM database because of a general database failure.  Make sure that SQL Server is running and that it is configured correctly.

Problem Details:
    <FatalServiceError><__System><ID>19</ID><Seq>226</Seq><TimeCreated>07/01/2016 17:55:40</TimeCreated><Source>DpmThreadPool.cs</Source><Line>163</Line><HasError>True</HasError></__System><ExceptionType>SqlException</ExceptionType><ExceptionMessage>The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_tbl_SPM_Extent_tbl_SPM_Disk". The conflict occurred in database "DPMDB_DBSERVER", table "dbo.tbl_SPM_Extent", column 'DiskID'.
    The statement has been terminated.</ExceptionMessage><ExceptionDetails>System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_tbl_SPM_Extent_tbl_SPM_Disk". The conflict occurred in database "DPMDB_ILONSYSDR01", table "dbo.tbl_SPM_Extent", column 'DiskID'.
    The statement has been terminated.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean&amp; dataReady)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task&amp; task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task&amp; task, Boolean asyncWrite)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.DB.SqlRetryCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.StoragePoolManager.SPMCatalog.UpdateDiskInCatalog(Disk disk, RecordFlag diskFlag)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.StoragePoolManager.StoragePoolManager.RemoveDiskFromStoragePoolLocal(Guid diskId, Boolean isFirstAttempt)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.StoragePoolManager.StoragePoolManager.RemoveDiskFromStoragePool(Guid diskId)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Engine.CStoragePoolManagerServices.RemoveDiskFromStoragePool(_GUID diskID)
       at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Engine.CCoreServices.RemoveDiskFromStoragePool(CCoreServices* , _GUID diskID, tagSAFEARRAY** exceptionResult)
    ClientConnectionId:541e8b73-eadd-4c87-9c51-68a4fadef4a4
    Error Number:547,State:0,Class:16</ExceptionDetails></FatalServiceError>

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Friday, January 8, 2016 12:24 PM

All replies