none
change tile url in app launcher (1st pwa> 2nd pwa) RRS feed

Answers

• Hi John,

There is no out of the box way to change where the default link navigates to for Project. There are some code solutions etc. but they only work when the organisation has just one PWA instance. For organisations that have many PWA instances why not keep the links as they are all navigating to /PWA, update the default /PWA instance with links to the other PWA instances and remove / hide the PWA quick launch etc. Use the /PWA instance homepage as a landing type page only.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, September 25, 2017 9:09 AM

All replies

• Nope and I don't think it is possible. I tried doing this about 1 year back and couldn't find anything.

Things I have found:

The waffle icon address points to: <tenant>,sharepoint,com/_layouts/15/MyProjects.aspx
    Once loaded it points to: <tenant>,sharepoint,com/sites/pwa/default.aspx

A workaround I have in place is just a content editor with html to do a redirect to the new page I customized (with Header/Footer and columns).

Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:47 PM
  • Hi Jason! I'm researching on this topic now and found your workaround --

Is there a way for me to edit the file MyProjects.aspx if using Project Online? I can't seem to find the location of the file

I found some recommendations online but they seem to only be applicable for on premises solution

**Just taking my chances.. I understand this thread is more than a year old already! :)

Thank you

Sunday, September 24, 2017 1:08 PM
  • Hi John,

There is no out of the box way to change where the default link navigates to for Project. There are some code solutions etc. but they only work when the organisation has just one PWA instance. For organisations that have many PWA instances why not keep the links as they are all navigating to /PWA, update the default /PWA instance with links to the other PWA instances and remove / hide the PWA quick launch etc. Use the /PWA instance homepage as a landing type page only.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, September 25, 2017 9:09 AM