windows 7 RC fail to install RRS feed

• Question

• i tried to upgrade from vista business to windows 7 RC , But during final stape of file & programme transfer... after the second reboot  the message is like " Fail to upgrade to windows 7 & restoring your previous version. " Whow can i solve this problem
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 4:46 PM

Answers

• Can you try a clean install and see if that works better for you? I have heard that upgrades don't have a high success rate.
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 7:15 PM
  • For those with problems upgrading to Windows 7 RC, I suggest doing a nondestructive clean install. This will let you keep all the files you previously had, while doing a clean install of Windows 7 RC at the same time. However, you will likely have to reinstall your programs.

-Nick
    Friday, June 12, 2009 5:43 PM

All replies

• Can you try a clean install and see if that works better for you? I have heard that upgrades don't have a high success rate.
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 7:15 PM
  • What resources does your system have available? You may want to try repartitioning and doing a dual boot scenario if your machine is up to it. Your options depend on your system. We could help you more if you could give us more info about what you have and what you would like to have as a final result.
    Regards from the Valley of the Sun.
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 7:23 PM
  • For those with problems upgrading to Windows 7 RC, I suggest doing a nondestructive clean install. This will let you keep all the files you previously had, while doing a clean install of Windows 7 RC at the same time. However, you will likely have to reinstall your programs.

-Nick
    Friday, June 12, 2009 5:43 PM