File/folder permissions tedious to use RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is it just me or do other people find the file/folder permission user interface more tedious to use in Windows 7 than in XP?  In Windows XP when I click on permissions, I'm presented with a button to Add/Remove permissions and I can also go directly to Advanced to remove inherited permissions or do other things.  Now in Windows 7 I have to click EDIT to edit the permissions, which I was able to do directly before, and then to edit advanced permissions I have to click Advanced and then Change Permissions.  It's like.. umm.. if I went to advanced, I obviously wanted to change something, why make me click all these edit permissions buttons... it's such a waste of clicks.

Also, I find it really annoying that the permissions are no longer alphabetized - that is annoying as well.

Seems like we've gone backwards instead of forwards here.... odd!

Thanks,
    mike

• Changed type Cloud_TS Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:39 AM not a issue
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for you feedback.

I think this is related to the personal habits, Windows 7 is trying to improve the users’ experience as much as possible. It may slightly affect the users who are familiar with Windows old versions. For you feedback, I would also report it to the corresponding team.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:37 AM
  • So making it more cumbersome to administrate files is improving my experience?!  Yes, I am familiar with older versions of Windows, and so should the developers, and I would think they'd recognize that they're making things more annoying than helpful..
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 3:14 PM