none
Removing a legacy client access array name

Question

• We've been migrated fully to Exchange 2016 for months, but before removing the last Exchange 2010 CAS servers, we didn't remove the client access arrays. The uninstall of Exchange 2010 removed them as members, and they are all gone.

But, the client access arrays remain.

The command to remove them on 2010 was

Remove-ClientAccessArray - but that command doesn't exist in Exchange 2016.

I'm trying to find where they are so that they can be cleaned up.  Any suggestions on how to permanently delete them?

Friday, December 14, 2018 10:06 PM

All replies

• You can use ADSI edit to remove it.

Here is steps:-

Launch ADSI Edit.

CN=Configuration, DC= Domain Name, DC=com, CN=Services, CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=<Organization Name>, CN=Administrative Groups, CN= <Exchange Administrative Group>,

Under Exchange administrative group you find cas array group.

Click on that and on right hand panel side you will find cas array name which you have created.

Right click and delete that.

Thanks,

Ashish

Thanks, Ashish MCITP, MCT, MCSE

Saturday, December 15, 2018 9:10 AM
  • Hi,

Did you try the method Ashish provided? If there is any update or anything unclear, feel free to post it here. If you have solved the problem, please mark the helpful reply as answer, which can make the answer searching in the forum easier.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards, 

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams. 

Monday, December 24, 2018 5:53 AM
  • Hi Thor K,

Any update on this?

Please let us know if post was helpful.

Also don't forget to make as answer if post helped.

Thanks, Ashish (I can be wrong but can't be rude) “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” MCITP, MCT, MCSE

Friday, January 11, 2019 7:19 PM