Ease of Access Centre control via Group Policy on Terminal server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    We are currently implementing a new Terminal Server 2008 environment for a customer. The customer has a requirement that they do not want the "Ease of access centre" button appearing on the login page or at least for people not to be able to enable any of the ease of access features. I am unable to find a way to control this functionality in group policy. I have tried a software restriction policy on the "utilman" executable as this appears to spawn the ease of access centre when logged into a session however this does not appear to affect the ease of access button on the login page.
    Does anyone have any pointers hon how to completely disable this?
    Thanks in advance
    Leon
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:37 AM

Answers

• As far as I know Ease of access cannot be disabled with or without Group Policy.
    • Marked as answer by Wilson Jia Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:50 AM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:17 AM

All replies

• As far as I know Ease of access cannot be disabled with or without Group Policy.
    • Marked as answer by Wilson Jia Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:50 AM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:17 AM
  • Thanks FlowMan, after a good search around the web it appears that there is indeed no way to disable EOA. Does anyone know whether this will be addressed soonish? 150 Factory workers messing about with "Magnfiying glass" and contrast settings isn't going to go down well with the customer!
    Many thanks
    Leon
    Friday, July 31, 2009 6:16 PM
  • I agree, I was hoping that MS would have implemented a GPO to disable this feature in Windows 7 as there was alot of talk about this when Vista was released. Come on MS...
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:17 AM
  • What if you use the following :

Open a command prompt and type:

takeown /f %windir%\system32\Utilman.exe
    cacls %windir%\system32\Utilman.exe /C /D Everyone

Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:04 AM
  • Let's do it the brutal way:

For Windows Server 2008 R2, open the admin command prompt and run:

takeown /a /f %windir%\system32\sethc.exe

takeown /a /f %windir%\system32\utilman.exe

cacls %windir%\system32\sethc.exe /C /D Everyone

cacls %windir%\system32\utilman.exe /C /D Everyone

sethc.exe responsible for the sticky key dialog after hit shift 5 times.

utilman.exe responsible for the dialog after pressing ease of access button.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 1:32 AM