WSUS Update Cycle RRS feed

• Question

• Quick question when deploying WSUS from the ground up.  Let's say that updates are pushed out on Saturday, installation, reboot and all.  After the reboot, does it kick off another update cycle to install and reboot?  Or does it now wait for the following Saturday to begin the next cycle?

Does that question make sense?

TIA

Monday, December 24, 2018 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hello,

After installing updates, WUA (Windows Update Agent) would start a scan cycle to verify the updates are installed and report computer/updates status to the WSUS server. However, the next installation would start at the next scheduled time, in your scenario, it is the following saturday.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ian Silber Wednesday, January 2, 2019 3:26 PM
    Tuesday, December 25, 2018 4:44 AM

All replies

• Hello,

After installing updates, WUA (Windows Update Agent) would start a scan cycle to verify the updates are installed and report computer/updates status to the WSUS server. However, the next installation would start at the next scheduled time, in your scenario, it is the following saturday.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ian Silber Wednesday, January 2, 2019 3:26 PM
    Tuesday, December 25, 2018 4:44 AM
  • Hello,

I noticed that you have not updated for several days. Has your issue been solved? Or is there any updates? Feel free to feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Tuesday, January 1, 2019 9:27 AM
  • thanks Ray
    Wednesday, January 2, 2019 3:26 PM