Exchange 2010 Plain Text Message RRS feed

• Question

• my environment is with exchange 2010 outgoing emails.

domain1: abc.com

2nd domain hosted with google

domain2: xyz.com

users who are using blackberry on domain2 getting email as text sent from domain1; and when these emails are downloaded in outlook are also in text format;

if user from domain1 sends a message to user in domain2 not using blackberry; email landing in perfect html format.

have checked all the settings on outlook 2007 with SP2 message format its HTML.

any one else face the same issue.

-Regards,

• Edited by S-F1 Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:23 PM
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I had same issue with running same setup. some mails it will be work.

Below are the instructions for various versions of outlook to turn off/on plain text for incoming messages.

To turn OFF the Read all standard mail in plain text option in Outlook 2003, follow these steps:

1.      Start Outlook 2003.

2.      On the Tools menu, click Options.

3.      On the Preferences tab, in the E-mail area, click E-mail Options.

4.      In the Message handling area, click to unselect the Read all standard mail in plain text check box.

Note By default, the 
    Read all standard mail in plain text option is turned off.

To turn OFF the Read all standard mail in plain text option in Outlook 2007, follow these steps:

1.      Start Outlook 2007.

2.      On the Tools menu, click Trust Center, and then click E-mail Security.

3.      Under Read as Plain Text, click to select the Read all standard mail in plain text check box.

4.      To include messages that are signed with a digital signature, click to unselect the Read all digitally signed mail in plain text check box.

When the Read all standard mail in plain text option is turned on, you receive the following notification on the InfoBar at the top of the e-mail message:

This message was converted to plain text.

Note If you decide to view the plain text message in its original format, click the InfoBar, and then selectDisplay as HTML or Display as Rich Text.

To turn OFF the Read all standard mail in plain text option in Outlook 2010, follow these steps:

1.      Start Outlook 2010.

2.      Click the File tab in the Ribbon, and then click Options on the menu.

3.      Click Trust Center on the Options menu.

4.      Click the Trust Center Settings tab.

5.      Click E-mail Security.

6.      Under Read as Plain Text, click to select the Read all standard mail in plain text check box.

7.      To include messages that are signed with a digital signature, click to unselect the Read all digitally signed mail in plain text check box.

When the Read all standard mail in plain text option is turned on, you receive the following notification on the InfoBar at the top of the e-mail message:

Note If you decide to view the plain text message in its original format, click the InfoBar, and then select Display as HTML or Display as Rich Text.

mahendra@jyoti.co.in
    Monday, January 23, 2012 2:34 PM

All replies

• On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 18:15:32 +0000, S-F1 wrote:

>
    >
    >my environment is with exchange 2010 outgoing emails.
    >
    >domain1: abc.com
    >
    >
    >
    >2nd domain hosted with google
    >
    >
    >
    >domain2: xyz.com
    >
    >
    >
    >users who are using blackberry on domain2 getting email as text sent from domain1; and when these emails are downloaded in outlook are also in text format;
    >
    >if user from domain1 sends a message to user in domain2 not using blackberry; email landing in perfect html format.

That's a bit confusing. Does that mean that only Blackerry users with
    mailboxes hosted at Google are affected, regardless of whether they
    access the mailbox with the BB or Outlook? And that users that don't
    use a BB on their hosted mailbox aren't affected even if they're sent
    the same message from the same user in domain1?

If that's true then it sounds like a problem at the hoster's side of
    thing, not yours.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:10 PM
  • yes this is the case....

user using BB & outlook are suffering;

users using outlook are ok;

Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:38 AM
  • On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 07:38:25 +0000, S-F1 wrote:
    >yes this is the case....

>user using BB & outlook are suffering;
    >
    >users using outlook are ok;

So what does the hoster have to say about that?

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Sunday, January 22, 2012 5:13 PM
  • it is hosted with google apps; could not find any problem at my hosting panel;

i read some where something about content conversion; not exactly sure about that...

Sunday, January 22, 2012 5:36 PM
  • On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 17:36:23 +0000, S-F1 wrote:

>
    >
    >it is hosted with google apps; could not find any problem at my hosting panel;
    >
    >i read some where something about content conversion; not exactly sure about that...

Sure, but it you send the same content to multiple recipients and the
    only ones that have a problem are those that use BB devices then the
    problem lies with that aspect of the hosted services. I'm pretty sure
    they don't let you fiddle with the BES. :-)

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Monday, January 23, 2012 1:09 AM
  • Hi,

I had same issue with running same setup. some mails it will be work.

Below are the instructions for various versions of outlook to turn off/on plain text for incoming messages.

To turn OFF the Read all standard mail in plain text option in Outlook 2003, follow these steps:

1.      Start Outlook 2003.

2.      On the Tools menu, click Options.

3.      On the Preferences tab, in the E-mail area, click E-mail Options.

4.      In the Message handling area, click to unselect the Read all standard mail in plain text check box.

Note By default, the 
    Read all standard mail in plain text option is turned off.

To turn OFF the Read all standard mail in plain text option in Outlook 2007, follow these steps:

1.      Start Outlook 2007.

2.      On the Tools menu, click Trust Center, and then click E-mail Security.

3.      Under Read as Plain Text, click to select the Read all standard mail in plain text check box.

4.      To include messages that are signed with a digital signature, click to unselect the Read all digitally signed mail in plain text check box.

This message was converted to plain text.

Note If you decide to view the plain text message in its original format, click the InfoBar, and then selectDisplay as HTML or Display as Rich Text.

To turn OFF the Read all standard mail in plain text option in Outlook 2010, follow these steps:

1.      Start Outlook 2010.

2.      Click the File tab in the Ribbon, and then click Options on the menu.

3.      Click Trust Center on the Options menu.

4.      Click the Trust Center Settings tab.

5.      Click E-mail Security.

6.      Under Read as Plain Text, click to select the Read all standard mail in plain text check box.

7.      To include messages that are signed with a digital signature, click to unselect the Read all digitally signed mail in plain text check box.

Note If you decide to view the plain text message in its original format, click the InfoBar, and then select Display as HTML or Display as Rich Text.

mahendra@jyoti.co.in
    Monday, January 23, 2012 2:34 PM