Cannot open WinZip files that are password protected RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently downloaded files from dafont.com, and it was working fine up until a few days ago when suddenly I see PASSWORD PROTECT when I try to extract the files and put them in my C:\WINDOWS\Fonts folder.  What password do I have to put in?

The only difference I have made to my computer is to password protect my login into the computer.  I am using Windows XP OS.

Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:16 PM

All replies

• Are you sure dafont hasnt started putting passwords on their downloads ? it may say what the password is on their website ?
    www.mypchealth.co.uk
    Monday, November 22, 2010 10:07 AM
  • One person who replied (the only one by the way) I assume she is a moderator, has categorically stated that dafont doesn't password protect it's fonts.  She keeps asking did I download from the dafont site, and I replied I did.  I did delete them all and tried to download them one at a time and the same thing happened.  On the winzip extraction window, it has two buttons; one of which says password.  I enter a password to use, and still have to repeat it several times, and still cannot unzip it to my fonts folder.

The only thing different I did is choose to password protect my login at the welcome window.  Would that have anything to do with it?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

A E Rimmer
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:02 PM