Yet another issue – Service request stuck at New RRS feed

• Question

• I resolved this issue (here) by making the required xml edit. This worked and processed correctly. I then opened the template and added a description to it. I confirmed the runbook automation still showed pending and also exported the management pack and confirmed the xml was still edited correctly. But now this service request is stuck at NEW and never goes to In-Process. I have tried this fix and it did not work. I restarted the server. I cannot find any workflows that need attention and no error in the event logs including Operations Manager event log. What could be wrong now?

Update: I reimported the management pack that I originally modified and still have the same issue. So it is not related to me making changes after importing the management pack. It will not process any service request. I wish it would just give an error, blow up or somthing so I have something to look at.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:28 PM

Answers

• I restarted all my service manager servers including the SQL server and it started working again. If anyone can think why this solved the issue please let me know. A SQL job hung maybe?
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Trumbull Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:23 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:23 AM

All replies

• I restarted all my service manager servers including the SQL server and it started working again. If anyone can think why this solved the issue please let me know. A SQL job hung maybe?
    • Marked as answer by Jeff Trumbull Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:23 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:23 AM
  • It sounds like the process on the primary management server which runs the workflows may have been hung or crashed.  Do you have multiple SCSM management servers, and if so, was the one upon which you restarted services initially a secondary MS?  If so, that would explain why restarting all the servers fixed it - the primary MS would have had its services restarted and workflows would have resumed.  Only the primary MS actually runs workflows, the rest serve to distribute connection load and increase the available number of concurrent connections.

Monday, March 18, 2013 3:28 PM