Realtek RTL 8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) Driver Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have the driver listed above on my dell vostro. I re-installed windows recently due to some issues. Anyhow, I found out that when I deleted the windows.old file (because Iave my files backed up onto a WD 250Gb), it also deleted the driver for it (?). I'm not entirely sure how its gone but it is. Apparently now I have no "networking devices" under my software explorer at all, in fact that whole category is missing. I have no idea how this happened and not manual action of mine caused this. so, I downloaded the nessicarry drivers after some google browsing and installed it. So it said I had installed the driver properly but it has done nothing. So at this point I'm at the brink of my capabilities and I don't know how this is fixble if the hole networking category is gone. In theory, even if I was to unplug, then plug in the networking card (impossible fore me on my laptop) it wouldn't do anything because it wouldnt read it. So if anyone can lead me in the right direction, ANY advice at all would be helpful. Just some notes:
    I'm running 32-bit
    I'm absolutley sure the drivers I mentioned above were correct (I got it from the official site)
    So please, I need help.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:25 AM