Can we have two agents for one SCOM Management server? RRS feed

• Question

• i have many management packs installed and running on the same management server,so the load on the agent is increasing because of which many modules /scripts are dropped due to timeout or something else.

so how should this issue be resolved (that can be solved by installing an other agent for the SCOM management server?)

can i install an other agent so that the load of the modules can be distributed among these agents?

how many scripts can be ran on single management server at a time?

Thanks & Regards, Suresh Gaddam

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 12:07 PM

All replies

• Suresh, you shouldn't have timeouts or drops in modules as long as the performance  (CPU, memory and disk) on your management server is not below accepted levels. If performance on your management server is a problem, you could add an additional management server to your management group and share the load.

The only problem is that you are talking about agents on management servers, so it could be that you are talking about completely something else. Can you explain a little bit better what the situation is?

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:50 PM
  • Hi, you can create additional Resource Pools with necessary management servers and distribute tasks to these resource pools

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rslaten/archive/2014/03/09/how-to-make-an-operations-manager-resource-pool-host-your-custom-class.aspx

Thursday, October 22, 2015 9:58 AM
  • Hi RuudvdH,

In My Mp there are powershell which queries a web service to get the monitoring and performance data because of that, the powershell scripts are left as un-executed and are timed out then there are lot many error events in the operations manager event log( with event id:22411),so i was trying to avoid these error events) most of my MP scripts are left un-executed and are not monitored properly by the SCOM

So how to avoid this problem?

basically my idea is to create a custom agent on the same management server and distribute the powershell scripts between the agents and so that the events 22411 are not raised anymore if i can distribute the powershell scripts between the two agents

Thanks & Regards, Suresh Gaddam

Friday, October 23, 2015 5:29 AM