activation rejected RRS feed

• Question

• I've been running beta 2 for awhile, everything working rather well.  I just upgraded the memory in my computer (1.25 gigs to 3 gigs) and now vista won't let me log in, it says my key isn't good anymore.  They've closed applications so I can't get a new key - what do I do???
    Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:34 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure why this particular change would leave your product key invalid but if you reply to my thread "I need Vista Product Keys"  I will send you a new key.

Shawn

Sunday, July 16, 2006 12:48 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure why this particular change would leave your product key invalid but if you reply to my thread "I need Vista Product Keys"  I will send you a new key.

Shawn

Sunday, July 16, 2006 12:48 AM
  • I've been running vista rc1 5600 for awhile, everything working bat when y am activation it says my key isn't good anymore already registered  They've closed applications so I can't get a new key - what do I do???
    Friday, September 8, 2006 2:46 PM
  • wouldn't it be better for this forum to close all threads about those Keyseekers ?

I don't talk about activation-problems, but most here are trying everything and lie whatever it takes ..

Everyone by now should know that RC1 is installable without a Key

works for 14 Days to evaluate it and that CPP is closed until MSFT reopens it.

Even the illegal places in the net know that and say so

Monday, September 11, 2006 6:03 AM
  • TOPIC CLEANED--

Please do not ask for keys.

Monday, September 11, 2006 8:03 PM
  • I need Vista Product Key for RC1 Can you help?
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 6:01 PM
  • My screen is stuck at the activation window asking for an activation. I had put the proper key but it says its no longer valid. If I shut down the system reboots.
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:20 PM
  • sorry to come in late here, but I've been running vista fine for a few days after an effortless download and burn.  I do have a key which I used when I installed vista RC1.  Activation fails, however.  the Licensing Error is "There is a problem with your license so notifications will no longer appear [but this one does incessantly] and a code of 0xC004D401 which is described as the security processor finding a file mismatch error" 

Is this related to these other people's problems?  Would my key have been accepted at install, but not or activation?  No one else has used this key?  It's the only install I've done with this copy.  I did request the download from a different pc than the one I installed on.

Any ideas?

THanks for your help. -ben

Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:45 PM
  • Why would they make vista and have it running on a trail?
    Sunday, September 24, 2006 5:04 PM
  • I need Vista Product Keys

Thanks

serban_l@hotmail.com

Saturday, October 7, 2006 4:42 PM
  • Shawnw1961,

could you please send me the same Vista Product Key code. Mine was lost also when I accidentally deleted the email from Microsoft whiles cleaning mailbox. My email address is future_gan@hotmail.com. Thanks and God Bless.

Cheers...Shawn

Kal

Sunday, October 8, 2006 6:12 PM
  • I'm having trouble with activating my installation of Vista RC2 (5744). I upgraded from RC1 (5600) without any hitches, but my System screen tells me I have 3 days left to activate, yet when I click on the link nothing happens.

I did activate windows when I first installed RC1 with no problems, so at a guess i'd say maybe this is confusing RC2, where it's saying it's already been activated, but the upgrade hasnt....I don't know, but i've got 3 days before it runs out, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a program or weblink I can open in windows that will force the activation process?

Cheers :)

Monday, October 9, 2006 1:37 AM
  • Actually, I managed to get it activated:

(Windows Help -> search 'activation' -> "Activating Windows: frequently asked questions" -> link: "Click to open Windows activation.")

So the main problem is gone. Still might be an issue that needs to be addressed prior to main release, although what circumstances it occurs in i'm not entirely sure. Either way, all good now :)

Monday, October 9, 2006 1:54 AM
  • Installed RC1 and still receiving validation rejection.  Proper keys, direct from MS.

Monday, October 9, 2006 5:30 PM
  • Booya!  Thanks a lot, Inversation -- had the same problem as posted earlier, clicking the activate windows link in control panel -> system simply does nothing for me, even after a clean boot ...

however, the link from help and support worked just great.

thanks a lot for the tip!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:20 AM
  • Anytime disfunkster, glad I was able to help someone else out with the problem :)
    Wednesday, October 11, 2006 9:11 AM
  • I did the same thing and lostdeleted my product key. Can you help me with that plz
    Saturday, October 28, 2006 11:32 PM
  • Yes Shawn I need a new activation key. Deleted mine by mistake.

My email is   freeze380@hotmail.com 

Saturday, October 28, 2006 11:37 PM
  • Hi there!!!

I have just bought a new mesh computer from bid up tv and have net vista premium installed.  However, over these last 2  weeks have had a message ppearing asking me to enter product key I thinks its for using microsoft office, have entered product kwy given originally but states invalid.  Have been passed from pillar to post from microsoft and talk talk and no joy now its lock all my documents. Can you help or advise in any way as to how I resolve this problem as sending me round the twist!!!!!! 

reagrds shirleymarshall2982@hotmail.com

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 7:22 PM