Does Powershell Execution Policy set by Group Policy affect Powershell run as SYSTEM? RRS feed

• Question

• If Group Policy (computer settings) say Execution Policy is Restricted - does NTAUTHORITY\SYSTEM obey?

I ask because I want to set my domain's client devices to Restricted using group policy, then make user-based exceptions (Unrestricted or RemoteSigned) as necessary using group policy. HOWEVER, I must confirm that Configuration Manager Clients running Powershell as SYSTEM can still follow their Configuration Manager Client Settings' Powershell Execution Policy.

born to learn!

Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:10 PM

Answers

• Hi AJM,

The powershell script execution policy should affect the "System" account, I tested and ran the command as Sysytem Account via "Psexec", I change the execution policy via powershell, and get the current execution policy via command:

If there is anything else regarding this issue, please feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Anna Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Edited by AnnaWY Friday, February 13, 2015 5:54 AM
    • Proposed as answer by AnnaWY Thursday, March 5, 2015 10:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by AnnaWY Sunday, March 8, 2015 10:41 AM
    Friday, February 13, 2015 5:53 AM