CISCO router RV 120W cannot connect to Server 2008 R2 VPN RRS feed

• Question

• A office use Windows Server 2008 R2 (routing and remote access) for user VPN connect.

At other location B office, I want to setup a router (cisco RV120W Wireless-N VPN Firewall) for L2TP VPN connect to A office.

B office use ADSL dial connection, and set a Dynamic DNS for the router.

Pls help me how to configuration the L2TP VPN.

Thank you very much~

• Edited by Rae.Wang Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:56 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Rae,

Thanks for posting here.

Based on my understanding that you are going to create a site to site L2TP tunnel type VPN connection by using RRAS and a third party router device between two sites.

If I misunderstand please let me know.

You may first take look our step by step guide below which had discussed on how to set a site to site l2tp VPN connection by using RRAS on both sides.it is also applied to Windows Server 2008 environment.

However we are not quite family with the third party router device you mentioned, so will be suggested to consult with Cisco support service in order to get the proper method:

Deploying an L2TP/IPSec-based Site-to-Site VPN Connection

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc737621(WS.10).aspx

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:47 AM