Cannot contact Skype users from S4B online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have recently deployed all users with S4B online. This was a cut over migration from Lync 2010 on-prem.

Within the O365 S4B admin control panel i have enabled the external comms and allowed access for skype communication.

Using the S4B program, I can browse the Skype directory and see the user I want to connect with.

I click to send a contact request then nothing. The external user does not receive anything (the external contact being myself as I am testing this with and have skype running on a different laptop).

Also the other way, using Skype i can see my S4B contact when I search for my work contact, I click to initiate a contact request and nothing, my S4B does not receive anything.

Is there some sort of limitation I am now aware of. The external communications setup suggests that once enabled I will be able to communicate with external Skype contacts.

My external DNS SRV records are setup OK, when I do a DNS check using the O365 admin panel it gives green ticks on everything.

Am I missing something.

Thanks

Thursday, March 30, 2017 10:05 AM

All replies

• Additional:

I have just noticed these in the event viewer:

some details X'd out

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Lync
    Date:          30/03/2017 11:13:22
    Event ID:      11
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      xxx.xxx.local
    Description:
    A SIP request made by Lync failed in an unexpected manner (status code 80ef0193). More information is contained in the following technical data:

RequestUri:   sip:xxx.xxx@skypeids.net
    To:           sip:xxx.xxx@skypeids.net;tag=75A3D7084C91B0F4B07780BB45C292E6
    Call-ID:      3506b6e7589e4536b50f1e68e7e9a0b8
    Content-type: application/sdp;call-type=im

v=0
    o=- 0 0 IN IP4 x.x.x.x
    s=session
    c=IN IP4 x.x.x.x
    t=0 0
    m=message 5060 sip null
    a=accept-types:text/plain multipart/alternative image/gif text/rtf text/html application/x-ms-ink application/ms-imdn+xml text/x-msmsgsinvite 

Response Data:

403  Forbidden
    ms-diagnostics:  1001;reason="From URI not authorized to communicate with public IM providers";from-uri=xxx.xxx@xxx.co.uk";destination="xxx.xxx@skypeids.net";source="sipfed0E.online.lync.com";OriginalPresenceState="0";CurrentPresenceState="0";MeInsideUser="No";ConversationInitiatedBy="6";SourceNetwork="5";RemotePartyCanDoIM="Yes";RetriedInvite="true"

Resolution:
     If this error continues to occur, please contact your network administrator. The network administrator can use a tool like winerror.exe from the Windows Resource Kit or lcserror.exe from the Office Communications Server Resource Kit in order to interpret any error codes listed above.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Lync" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="16624">11</EventID>
        <Level>3</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-03-30T10:13:22.975868300Z" />
        <EventRecordID>22702</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>xxx.xxx.local</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>Lync</Data>
        <Data>80ef0193</Data>
        <Data>RequestUri:   sip:xxx.xxx@skypeids.net
    To:           sip:xxx.xxx@skypeids.net;tag=75A3D7084C91B0F4B07780BB45C292E6
    Call-ID:      3506b6e7589e4536b50f1e68e7e9a0b8
    Content-type: application/sdp;call-type=im

v=0
    o=- 0 0 IN IP4 x.x.x.x
    s=session
    c=IN IP4 x.x.x.x
    t=0 0
    m=message 5060 sip null
    a=accept-types:text/plain multipart/alternative image/gif text/rtf text/html application/x-ms-ink application/ms-imdn+xml text/x-msmsgsinvite 

Response Data:

403  Forbidden
    ms-diagnostics:  1001;reason="From URI not authorized to communicate with public IM providers";from-uri="xxx.xxx@xxx.co.uk";destination="xxx.xxx@skypeids.net";source="sipfed0E.online.lync.com";OriginalPresenceState="0";CurrentPresenceState="0";MeInsideUser="No";ConversationInitiatedBy="6";SourceNetwork="5";RemotePartyCanDoIM="Yes";RetriedInvite="true"

</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Thursday, March 30, 2017 10:23 AM
  • Hi drensta,

Considering this issue is about Skype for business online, our forum is serviced for on-premise Skype for business server, so we suggest you post this case to the following forum, thanks for your understanding and support.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 9:48 AM
  • Deleted
    • Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, April 5, 2017 9:36 AM
    Friday, March 31, 2017 11:10 AM