none
Setting Customize calernder in Templates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.,

i am trying to create new template in MS Project 2016 professional, for this i have created a enterprize calender with name as "Shift".

in the shift calender i have set as total working hours as 6.5 hrs per day (monday to friday) in change working time Form.

Now i am created a blank Project with mutiple task and going to SAVE AS as a template. i am getting form as below:

i have selected Shift calendar and Templates as above:

while scheduling the Task in new project (Project created using Template) I am getting 8 hrs per day.

but I need only 6.5 hrs per day.

can anyone help me to resolve.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 12:23 PM

All replies

• TalhaTJ --

When you create a new task in your project, Microsoft Project will NOT calculate any Work for the task, and will set an initial Duration value of 1 day.  When you assign a resource to the task, Microsoft Project will calculate the schedule of the resource's work according to the calendar for the resource.  It sounds like the Base Calendar value for your resources is not set to the Shift calendar.  If so, you will need to switch the Baseline calendar for each resource to the Shift calendar, and this should resolve the problem.  If it does not resolve the problem, you will need to provide more detailed steps on how you are assigning resources.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 4:49 PM
  • Hi Dale Howard.,

Thanks for your replay.

I have changed the resource calendar to Shift Calendar by using change working time Form. but still I am getting 8 hrs. per day but in shift calendar I have set 6.5 hrs. per day.

Please advise me, If I am wrong path.

Thanks

Thursday, August 31, 2017 10:05 AM
  • TalhaTJ --

You are not showing us enough information to accurately resolve your problem.  In your next post, please display the Task Usage view and insert the Task Mode column and the Type column.  In the screenshot, make sure that you show the Work hours in the timephased grid on the right.  It's better if we have the relevant information about your project before we try to give you a definitive answer.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, August 31, 2017 3:16 PM